Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Positivism

If you are reading this, then that means you have clicked onto my poem! Thanks a lot. I really hope you enjoy this poem that I wrote for a contest on a website. The theme of this poem was "The Good In Everyone". My goal of this poem was to capture the true feeling of the details written by the contest author. "In this contest there will be two sections to your poem. The first part of your poem will be about the good you see in yourself. The second part of your poem will be about the good you see in others or humanity, our society."
This particular topic is not my forte-- in the aspect of society/humanity. But with my warmest thoughts, I wrote a poem reflecting the good in something that I hate the most. This truly does help to open my eyes to better things and to see things in the most positive way possible.
I hope you also strive to be positive and continue to see things in an optimistic manner.


When I discern myself
I see a work of art
With a polished face
And a stitched heart
With many years of work
Still many years to go
I have the ambition to live
And a heart that glows
I learned that I am myself
The work of my very own
I am not born to be a slave
Or born to be a clone

I walk the streets
Of this limitless Earth
I show my true colors
And the world sees my worth
There will always be the bad
But I cherish the good
As the world constantly changes
I see the possibilities that "could"
Many people will only see
The negativity of this planet
But I love this earth more everyday
And take not a breath for granted

No comments:

Post a Comment