Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Neighbor's Dog

It's a quarter past three
I'm still perfectly awake
All because of the dog next door
Feeding my head's irksome ache

He expounds his verdict
Invigorates life around him
Unsettling every sleeping omen
And every spirit grim

I feel a fueled hatred
For the fiend of my sleepless nights
Yet I still step quietly
Out my house to be polite

Its a quarter past four
I'm still perfectly awake
Tossing a bone aloft the fence
I imagined to be a terminal stake

In my spiteful affair
Silence fell wholly thereafter
As I smiled with detestation
At the hound of inept matter

I concluded it was worth more
To slake the dim-wit early
And be cradled in thoughts
Of bringing him mercy

All because

It's a quarter past five
I'm no longer awake
The neighbor's dog believes
I no longer make mistakes

No comments:

Post a Comment